A Rabbinical Student's Blog

Sunday, September 09, 2007

First Internship Shabbas

For my first internship shabbas this past weekend, we started off on Friday afternoon, going around with my mentoring rabbi to check out some supermarket bakeries to check their adherence to kosher laws on Friday afternoon. He then got a call about someone's death and went to offer prayers with the family, though I was unable to go, as the body was still there and I am a kohen. On Friday evening, I spoke at the shul between kabbalas shabbas and ma'ariv for a few minutes about Deut. 29.14. On shabbas morning, I gave a sermon - actually, my first ever such sermon - on Deut. 30.6. The little speech was, in my mind, a flop, although the sermon worked decently. However, I was told I needed to speak up, though from the bima, I thought I was being loud enough, but, alas, I was not. Other areas where there is room for improvement are my clarity as well as enunciation/avoiding mumbling.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home